Postdoctoral Research Positions at the Centre for Social Conflict and Cohesion Studies, at the Universidad de Chile, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez and Universidad Diego Portales. The Centre for Social Conflict and Cohesion Studies (COES) invites applications for postdoctoral research positions. COES is a multidisciplinary Centre that aims to produce cutting edge research on conflicts and social cohesion in Chile as well as in the Latin American region, based on different conceptual and methodological contributions from the social sciences. Our work also aims to stimulate public debate and awareness as well as inform public policy making with evidenced based research. The Centre is looking for candidates to develop their research in the following areas:
- the socio-economic dimensions of conflict
- group and individual interactions
- social and political conflict
- the geographies of conflict
In this call, COES emphasizes these areas:
- Longitudinal Studies
- A theoretical contribution in cohesion and conflict concepts
- Spatial dynamics of conflict and social cohesion: with a most important emphasis in central and/or local public governance and public policy research agenda’s linked to chilean cities or at least Latin-American cities, and also interested in spatial modeling propositions.
- Sustainable Development
COES invites applications for postdoctoral research position in disciplines like sociology, psychology, urbanism, geographic, economics, political science, history, anthropology, among others. You can see other postdoctoral positions at www.coes.cl.
Applications are open until June 30, 2016. Please send a motivational letter, curriculum vitae, summary of Ph.D. research, brief research proposal (no more than two pages) and two letters of support to email@example.com. Interviews with the selection committee could also be by telephone or through video conference.
Fore more information read: COES call for postdocs 2016